Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cakes I Love!!!


There are so many different cake styles, and so little time. I love to go through magazines to find cakes that I love, and hope to be able to persuade a bride to use. I should have pictures of the last cake I did up soon, it was awesome, and so non-traditional, and yet perfect for the event. One of the trends I love is the new emphasis on color. wedding cakes, unlike the bride, do not have to be cloaked in white to be stunning. This cake is one of the hot new color combinations. The brown perfectly offsets the blue, and the uneven layers just go to show, you don't need military precision to achieve a sense of balance.

I love the simple flowers as well. Fresh, not gumpaste. Just the right touch.



The colors on this cake are awesome. Vivid, and unapologetic. And the gumpaste flowers are truly a work of art.




One look I like is painting directly on the cake. This next picture is of a cake I did several years ago, for a summer wedding, with a fruit theme.
Loved it. Of course I like to paint on anything.

No comments: