Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rock On!


As promised, here are the pictures of my brother in laws birthday cake. A 4-stringed bass in black and white. (as opposed to a six string or eight? when it comes to guitars I am clueless!) It was a lot of fun, not only because it was a cool cake, but also because I got to spend time with my sisters.


One of my neighbors has a great relationship with her sister, and I have always been a little jealous when I would see her car there, knowing they were experiencing BONDING! And I as an oldest daughter had no one to bond with.

But finally my sisters are old enough to participate in that age old rite. Lindsay came over at 11:00 am, but through various interuptions, (kids, violin lessons, kids, the telephone, kids, fixing lunch, and did I mention kids?) We finally finished it at 4:00, and delivered it to his parents house, where they were partying.



Here is a close up of the pegs (tootsie rolls), and the black licorice strings. (not strung on the pegs for obvious reasons.)




Here is a pic of Britt applying black licorice fretwork. (all completely accurate I'm sure)


We had a blast!!



No comments: