Friday, September 5, 2008

Skating through Life!

Fall is in the air . . . the smell of leaves, the cool, crisp morning air, the sound of skates swooshing across the ice. WHAAAAAT? Skates?
Yes, I have taken up the time honored olympic sport of figure skating. As a "non-traditional" student at BYU I am mere inches away from my Bachelor's degree. The only classes I have left to take are biology, an exercise class, and my senior lecture.
SO, I signed up for . . . Ice Skating!
Yes, just like anyone raised in North Dakota I skated my way through the winters. I have regaled the kids with stories of how they used to flood the soccer field at my elementary school, and we skated for P.E.
But that was 15 years, four kids, and a few pounds ago.
Yesterday was the first day of class, and after two hours on the ice I am happy to note that unlike others in the class, I DID NOT fall down. Hooray.
Now just 14 classes to go.

No comments: