Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sing a song of Christmas

One of my favorite things about the Christmas season is being constantly surrounded by unapologetically religious music, music that testifies of Christ, and his birth. Music that uplifts the soul with beautiful melodies, and carols of the season. Today was our choir program at church and we sang some beautiful arrangements of songs by John Rutter. For the first time the girls sang in the choir with me, as did Ron. It was a lovely way to kick off the week of christmas.
Some of the other music we have been enjoying is :
Gloria, by Michael W. Smith. (Channing is going to wear this one out!)
The new christmas album by Celtic Women,
Josh Groban-Noel,
Anything by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir,
Enya,
Sarah Brightman- A Winter Symphony
And I have enjoyed the new Casting Crowns rendition of I heard the bells on Christmas Day.

Somehow I invariably end up staying up late through the Christmas Season putting the finishing touches on handmade gifts, and I love to be able to catch all the great musical specials of the season. Tonight was one of my favorites. Promise you won't tell?
I love the Nutcracker. I know. Ballet.
It was stunning. So as I tried to finish knitting a pair of gloves I did it to the timing of the sugarplum fairies, and the Nutcracker prince.
Knit one, Purl Two, Leap and spin.
What are your favorite Christmas Songs?



No comments: