Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Days

After a balmy fall, and downright warm early december winter has finally fallen. Just in time for the arrival of you know who.
We are eagerly awaiting Christmas day, (or frantically trying to finish everything, as the case may be)
And the snow does something magical to me around the christmas season.
It makes me want to put a log on the fire, bundle up and stay home.
It makes me want my children all around-however loud they are in the evening, and however many nerf bullets get aimed at the ceiling fan.
It makes me love knitting and sewing, and simple cooking like chicken soup and white beans and ham.
(Pause while I put on the beans for tonights dinner!)
I look outside and see the white blanket carpeting everything in sight-even the weeds I didn't make time to pull this fall.
I get weepy at the sight of my tall oldest daughter singing with the fifth graders, because next year she will sing with the sixth graders, and then she will be in junior high.
I want to freeze everyone and wrap them up like a picture postcard, giftwrapped with a bow on top.
So Merry Christmas everybody.
Hope to see you over the holidays, but if not you can find me snuggled on the couch with a lapfull of wiggly kids all trying to get the most lap space.



P.S.- our basement apartment is available, so if you know someone who might be interested check out the pictures here.


1 comment:

Ryan said...

We are sad to be leaving! The apartment is GREAT, and the neighbors are even better! We have posted some pictures on our blog, too. We DFINITELY recommend this apartment to anyone. For more pictures go to: www.ryanandkenz.blogspot.com