Saturday, June 14, 2008

Aprons Swapped



Today I got a lovely surprise in the mail, this apron from the Feathered Nest Apron swap. I had seen the picture of it on the flickr photo postings, and secretly lusted after it. (sad isn't it. Secret lust after an apron) My swap partner is awesome!!
It is embellished with black velvet ribbon trim, and lovely ric rac for a vintage feel. I was actually wearing a red top and black pants when I pulled it out of the box, so I put it right on! Thanks Jen!She also sent me a copy of A is for apron. This is an incredible book. It makes the apron feel so new and trendy. I look forward to putting one on. (and suffice it to say, I need one. I am a terrible mess in the kitchen!)

1 comment:

Jen Thomason, Owner said...

I am so glad you love your apron! I had so much fun making it for you! I, too, love black/white/red and it certainly makes it easier to make something for a partner with the same taste!
I have so enjoyed seeing all of the beautiful cakes you create and post on your blog. Thanks for sharing and I will continue to follow your work!
Enjoy...

Jen