Monday, March 17, 2008

A Bride in Bloom


This summer I had the opportunity to work with Jenn Osorio. This bride had an incredible vision, and knew just what she wanted. Unfortunately what she wanted was a cake from a past issue of the fabulous new magazine, Bride and Bloom. I had not seen it, and it was off the newstands, so we went on the hunt. I tried everyone I knew, every vendor, every florist. No luck. Finally I called the magazine, and spoke to an incredible editor, who personally went to the art archives and emailed me the desired picture. Can you imagine anyone from Brides, or Modern Bride, running from office to office to help a desperate cake decorator? I am forever a fan. Not to mention it is a stunning magazine with an emphasis on artistic vision. We made a few changes to the cake, and this is the end result. Hand formed roses and stephanotis, pleated fondant, subtle tone on tone lace work, vase shaped top layer filled with sugar flowers.


Thanks Jenn. It was great.

No comments: