Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sock and Glove


A couple of weeks ago I saw a late night replay of the Martha Stewart Show. It was the special knitting episode. One of my boys was still up, and just hasn't let go of the idea of making the sock and glove animals she featured. Of course, gloves were nowhere to be had, so I scoured clearance racks and came up with a couple pairs for 75 cents each. my favorite was this guy, who is made out of a mohair glove. Rabbit from rabbit. It made him beautifully fuzzy and soft. And his tail is a really cute white, from another pair of gloves. We made an entire bevy of bunnies and dogs. Some found their ways as birthday gifts, and others being carried around by the kids. One made an adorable baby gift. The only change I made in the pattern was to leave the stuffing hole in the bottom of the head, so I didn't have any problems with the knit unraveling while being stuffed.
Make a bunny today!

No comments: