Tuesday, March 25, 2008

To drape or not to drape?

One of the reasons I like fondant cake decorating so much is that it is so versatile. You can roll it, shape it, mold it, drape it, any of an endless number of options. I think this look is great on a square cake, with offset layers, and just a hint of icing lacework peeking out from beneath the draping that cascades down the corners of the layers. This first cake was done for a valentines wedding, the second was in November, hence the harvest themed flowers. I would love to do a
really awesome colored cake with contrasting draping, definitely not for the skittish bride. I found a picture I loved here. The green is the exact shade of a cake I did last week. It was an amazing event. I will post details on that event soon. Check out the awesome talents of Fleur de Lisa wedding Cakes in California. There is so much talent out there. It is inspiring to try to live up to the beauty all around us.

No comments: