Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Flavor of the Day







I love doing wedding cakes for people I know. Not only because it lends a certain meaning to the event, but also because in general people with whom you are acquainted tend to put more trust in your artistic abilities. This cake was done for a young woman in my neighborhood, and it turned out amazing. The set up was great, the ambiance lovely, and I was able to practice my piping techniques. We chose a subtle tone on tone design that matched threadwork running through the sheer tablecloth overlays. If you look at the close up you can see the design more clearly.




I have always had a standard set of cake flavors that I offer, as well as being open to suggestions and requests, but I have finally made a list of my favorites. And no, white cake is not one of them.
Almond PoundCake
Apple Cinnamon,
Carrot Cream cheese,
Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate Cherry
Chocolate Raspberry
Chocolate Chunk
Lemon Curd and Berries
Lemon Poppyseed
Marble
Pear spice
Pecan Cinnamon Spice
Pineapple Coconut
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip
White Chocolate Raspberry

YUMMMMM!

1 comment:

emily rhudy said...

any chance you'd share recipes?