Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Divine Purple


One of my reasons for starting this blog was to post some of the pictures of wedding cakes and other creative things I've made. It is a really convenient way to say to someone, "hey, look at what I did!" So I will try to explain them as they are posted. This cake was done several years ago, but it is still one of my favorites. It is one of the first cakes I did where someone brought me a picture and said, " Can you do that?" and it turned out just like the picture. ( I actually like mine a little better, truth be told.) The color was perfect, and it looks, well, professional. At the time that was an accomplishment for me. Now all my cakes look this good, I hope. The light purple marbled fondant with white lace overlay went perfectly with the flowers the bride had chosen.

No comments: